Thứ Ba, 1 tháng 4, 2014

My Older Brother is Having Trouble

User story
The following was sent to us via the "Contact Us" form and posted with the users permission.

By Sarah:
So, right now I live in KS, but am from upstate NY. A few years ago my older brother got drunk and at the most (as far as I know), touched my younger brother's friend in a sexual way. The friend was only 16. Anyway, that friend's family kept changing the story around, and by the time of the trial, even though my brother's lawyer thought he'd win, he decided to plead guilty.

He had to go to prison, which he finally got out of back in mid December after 2 years, but will also have to be on probation for 10 years, and has to be registered as a sex offender for the rest of his life. At the moment, he's displaying suicidal behavior, and I don't know what to do. He's been advised by other family members that perhaps he should see about transferring to my city and state so he has more opportunities to get work, he seems afraid to move or anything.

Is there anything I can do to help him? I really don't want him to suffer, and the problem is that he's lonely and feels helpless. Any response or suggestions would be helpful, thank you.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét